Friday, December 19, 2008

WOD 121908 Friday

21-15-9 reps of :

Sumo Deadlift HighPull @32kg
Handstand Pushup
Ring Dips

*****
Andrew Yap - My Remembrance of a Friend

I have been so fortunate in this life to cross path with the different characters that life has to offer. They have not only shared their knowledge, brighten up my life with colors but added value continuously to my life that make me who I am today. I am truly fortunate and I will sincerely pray for each one of you to experience what I so undeservingly do. 

One of them is Andrew Yap. 

Andrew was an extraordinary person, greatest of its kind, perfect in his form- he was simply awesome. That’s the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Andrew. 

Andrew passed away on the 6th of April this year, 8 months short of his 20th birthday after an unfortunate accident which left him with a serious head injury. He spent 8 days in the ICU where he never regained consciousness. 

There are so many things to say about him. He's such an incredible friend to the people in his life. He gelled everyone together. Even in the absence of body here on earth, he possessed such great power to pull them even closer. I remember just standing back and watching in awe as hundreds throng through his home during his memorial. That was how successful his life was.

There are so many great attributes about him and the impact that he made on people's lives. During life and after death. It is impossible to list them all. However I would leave that privilege to his closest group of friends to tell you. You can read it on their blog. You can scroll through the archives starting from March.  Something really significant that I remember from his funeral is that through his death, he managed to pull three generations of students of the same school together. My Year, My Juniors and seniors. How often can you do that.

It is like Andrew, with just his fingertip touched my life more than anyone can imagine nor could be expressed in words that would do justice to our terrible loss. That is why each month we do a workout dedicated to him on the 8th, the day he got cremated, as a gentle comfort to soothe the open wound of the loss of a great friend and son which never heals, never gets better and never goes away. "Andrew"

I love Andrew. I miss him greatly. But mostly I miss how he made life so easy. 


Godspeed, my friend.

Happy Birthday.

*****
300 Burpee Challenge : 49 Burpees 

No comments: