Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WOD 022509 Wednesday

"Helen"

3 rounds for time of:

Run 400m
21 KB Swing @ 24kg(M), 16kg(W)
12 Pull Ups

*Compare with 120508

***********

300 Day Burpee Challenge : Do 117 Burpees

**********

Farewell Matt!

Matt will be heading back home to USA tonight. We'll miss his Clark Kent/Superman demeanour in the gym and his occasional musclehead tendencies. Thanks for sharing your time with us at PushMore. You're a great athlete and a friend to all of us. We wish you all the best! Keep getting fitter, faster and stronger!

Matt cranking out double unders.

And, we always have WODs for special events like these. So Matt, here's your workout:

"Matt"
Three rounds for time of:
15 Power Clean @ 95lbs
15 Pull Ups
15 Push Press @ 95lbs
15 Pull Ups
15 Push Jerk @ 95lbs
15 Pull Ups

Have fun!
********
Matt joined us back in April 2008 and since the day he first step foot in Pushmore, we have all been left in awe at his ability to be big and agile at the same time. I must admit that his size has stirred some jealousy and back mouthing amongst us ( mainly me ). Know to some as Matthew, Matty, Matt C or that big huge giant which was produce due to abnormal hormonal and growth dysfunction since young, Matt has been such a great joy to the entire gym. He has a fantastic sense of humour and truly shown us that his heart matches the size of his physique.

The entire gym weights combine is not sufficient for Matt. I swear he was granted the strength of a beast by the Goddess of the 13 Moon when he was born. Once I was working out with him on a kettlebell workout. I was literally having the third vein popping out of my forehead pressing the kettlebells when Matt turns to me and just releases a quiet " This is easy" phrase. I swear I could have done a kettlebell swing right to his head and picture him in a massive fit on the floor. And then I would do that "Anna" laugh out with my finger pointing at him.

Thats just Matt. An amazing individual with great generousity and a sense of fulfilment in his life. Thank you Matt for everything that you have given towards our gym and the friendship that you have invested in. We wish you all the best in everything that you do and hope that our paths will meet again one day. Till then .......

Get that nasty nipple ring out !

John-Hans & John- Son

1 comment:

stephers said...

When Matt told me of "Matt" and that the weights carried is literally "1 of me", I didn't believe it till I read it. :P