Monday, October 27, 2008

WOD 102708 Monday

For time of :
100 Burpees

Post your time up in comments!

From the people of Pushmore, we wish you all a Happy Deepavali!

*********

Question : What do three people do when they have a large space covered with gymnastic mats and a big amount of ledges to hang on to?
Answer : Crossfit !

That is exactly what Sam, Johnson and I did on Sunday after hours of climbing in the local indoor climbing gym. Unsatisfied because we, Pushmore members are crossfit junkies, attracted and addicted to the high intensity and adrenaline rush during each workout that almost leaves us every time with the pukie feeling. Yes, I must say that after climbing for hours, my fingers and forearms were pumped out to the max. However, I still did not feel contented enough that when I walk out of the climbing gym, I could eat a large plate of Hokkien Mee and feel that I deserve it because I have just worked my ass off. Certainly from the faces of the other two, we were all not satisfied. I blame Pushmore for this addiction. Some say it is the smell of the rubber ( get it ? ) that keeps us coming back for me.

Drawing curious and puzzled looks from the crowd, we thought it would be a good marketing scheme of promoting Pushmore. Good but most importantly, free ! We managed to coax one avid climber there to join us in the workout. With so much space, we had so many ideas of what workouts we should do. At one point, we proposed burpees but discarded that idea as fast as it was suggested. Thank God we did not as today's workout is burpees! In the end we came out with this workout :

"Bigger hands, Bigger Forearms"

3 rounds of :
20 sec Hold with Normal grip @ 90 degrees
15 sec Hold with Fingers grip @ 90 degrees
15 sec Hold with Normal grip @ arms fully extended
20 strict Pullups

Sam with great form maintaining his arms at a strict 90 degrees.

Chris who joined us!

It was too easy for Johnson-lah!


It was a great workout and we were all very satisfied. In the end, we left the gym contented. That night, we ate one whole chicken and it was well worth it!

Post up any workouts you did on Sunday in comments!